Just some odds and ends for you tonight. Everyone seems to have finally adjusted, at least somewhat, to our new life here. There have been some bumps in the road:
1) Lost our insurance unexpectedly, which really put us in a jam when we had a serious medical issue come up.
2) My best friend of half my life, who held my hand and prayed me through some really bad stuff, and for whom I did the same; who is like a sister to me; who knows my secrets; with whom I have shared more laughter and adventure than probably any other person in the world, is not speaking to me. I really don’t know if the friendship will survive this time. I am praying and will fight for this friendship, and I think she will do the same, but I just don’t know.
And some unexpected blessings:
1) Husband is doing some contract work that is turning out to be a much bigger project than originally anticipated, which translates to more money for our family.
2) Reconnected with an old friend who had some very good news to share.
3) Got a small windfall that will help us get by for awhile.
4) Family relations are going better than I would even have dared to hope.
I am working on Part V of the Food for Thought series, but this one is the most painful and challenging yet, so bear with me. Also working on a short story and some other projects.